Pennebaker January 30

In the past few months at Pennebaker I've taken up the project of researching private equity firms for Mr. Byrd. He and I have been interacting and making contact outside of school about exactly what the spreadsheets I've created entail: a list of employees, their contact information, the company's portfolio and its contents, and the company's contact information. I've learned a lot about the private equity world in Houston as well as nationally and maybe even somewhat internationally. These firms are a big part of innovation. They invest in and buy companies that they are interested in and that they see potential in before funding them and using them to push innovation forward. I think these private equity firms investing in energy, power, computers, and other innovative fields have really been set up to push the world forward. Take SpaceX. While not a private equity firm, it is a private company with the goal of putting humans into space and beyond. Private companies really have a chance to push humanity forward and that's so interesting to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Week at Pennebaker

Pennebaker December 12